Transaction Highlights

Client: Dominion Energy

Type: M&A

Value: US $3.3 billion

RBC's role: Financial Advisor

Berkshire Hathaway Energy, the energy and utility division of Warren Buffett's conglomerate, announced on Monday its agreement to purchase a 50 percent stake in the Cove Point liquefied natural gas or LNG facility for $3.3 billion in cash. The stake was acquired from Dominion Energy, with Berkshire Hathaway Energy now owning a 75 percent limited partnership stake in Cove Point LNG. The remaining 25 percent is held by a subsidiary of Brookfield Infrastructure Partners.

RBC Capital Markets acted as financial advisor to Dominion Energy.

Stay Informed

Get the latest insights from RBC Capital Markets delivered to your inbox.